1. How long have you been blogging?
Only since November 2014, but it was more of a return to blogging. I had my first actual blog in 2009/11 for about 2 years , but then took a very long break.
2. What made you start?
I just wanted a place to vent and put my words on “paper” I suppose – it’s hard to keep track of my life because it goes so quickly so it’ll be nice to look back and see what I’ve actually done.
3. Who inspired you?
One of my friends always says it’s good to write things down and get your thoughts out, so I decided to do it in the form of a blog and so far it feels good to let it all out!
4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?
About an hour a day messing around with coding and plugins, but writing can take up another hour.
5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?
I don’t have any kind of writing experience – I was always good at English in school and I enjoy writing, but that’s about it.
6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas?
I read other blogs and see what they’re about, or I look at hot topics at that moment and see if I can make a post about it. Sometimes I might just see a word and it gets me thinking. Other times I go on what has happened to me during the day. I don’t blog if I don’t get the feeling, “I could write about this” because otherwise it’s pointless.
7. What or who inspires you and your blog?
My friends, my family, university… all kinds of things depending on the topic.
8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog?
I don’t normally brainstorm, I just go from what’s in my head at the time really.
9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow?
I rarely mention friends names for privacy reasons, and I try to stay away from talking about what/where I study purely because I don’t want people from university finding me. Other than that, anything goes really.
10. Is there anything you will not blog about?
As above, I won’t mention outright where or what I study – I’ll drop hints but I’ll never mention the name in full because anyone can use a search engine.
11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic?
I’ve thought about having a schedule of things to post a day (e.g. TMI Thursday), but I’ve never got round to it – and I know I wouldn’t stick to it!